PREM 'RAPE' Premier League star accused of rape is released under investigation and has bail lifted – as cops continue probe

A PREMIER League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape has been released under investigation.

The footballer was accused of raping three women in separate attacks between April 2021 and July 2022.

The footballer has been released under investigation

The footballer has been released under investigation

He has now been released under investigation after his bail was lifted by police.

The star was due to answer bail this month after the date was pushed back for a third time.

If a suspect is released under investigation, there is no set date for returning to the police station.

The footballer, who was taken to the 2022 World Cup, was held last July after police swooped on a home in North London.

His first alleged victim, in her 20s, claimed she was raped during a break in the Med in June last year.

She fled the five-star resort she was staying in and flew home to her friends and family, it is said.

The woman is understood to have spoken to police on her return to the UK and showed photos she claimed highlighted bruising on her body after the alleged attack.

After his initial arrest he was later re-arrested on suspicion of two more counts from April and June 2021.

The June 2021 allegation was later dropped by police.

A third woman then came forward with further allegations in February this year, which she said unfolded a year prior.

The player has not been suspended by his club while the investigation is ongoing.

The Met Police said: “On 4 July 2022, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.

“It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.

“While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.

“In February 2023, the man was interviewed under caution for a sexual offence alleged to have taken place in February 2022. This relates to a third victim and was reported to police in July 2022.

“No further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence in June 2021 because the relevant legislation had not yet come into effect at the time it is said to have occurred.

“This has been explained to the complainant who continues to be supported by officers.

“The man was bailed until August 2023. He was subsequently released under investigation whilst further enquiries are carried out.”

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.